South Seas® Skin Care is the Official Spray Tan Sponsor for ABC’s Dancing With The Stars.
We provide the most exclusive spray tanning solutions, equipment, and body care essentials in the industry. Our products are paraben free and made from organic and natural ingredients.
Preparing for Your Spray Tan
- Exfoliate and shave prior to appointment. Pay close attention to elbows, knees, ankles, underarms and anywhere else you tend to experience dry skin. We recommend using any of the Hempz Body Scrubs for exfoliation.
- If you have dry skin, apply a water based lotion after showering in the morning (preferably a couple hours before appointment). Oil Based moisturizers are not recommended before spray tan as is it can alter the solution development.
- Wearing makeup is also not recommended. If you must wear makeup, the tan on the face can be lighter than the rest of your body. The face fades the fastest due to facial product use.
- For long hair, bring a clip/tie to lift hair off of the neck.
- All waxing and pedicure/manicures should be done prior to this appointment. Keep in mind how close together these appointments are to your spray tan to avoid oil based products being applied to your feet and hands.
- Wear loose clothing after your spray tan and don’t forget a raincoat or umbrella in case of wet weather. You do not want to get wet for 8 hours after procedure.
Maintaining Your Spray Tan
- Avoid showering, swimming or heavy perspiring for 8 hours. Use air conditioning in your car and house on hot days after your tan to avoid sweating. If you have leather car seats or couch, please sit on a towel to avoid perspiring.
- During your first few showers, do not scrub the skin with a wash cloth or loofa. Rinse off the bronzer and only cleanse the necessary body parts. The water will run clear when the bronzer is completely off.
- Moisturize skin daily after showering to smooth and hydrate your skin while prolonging your tan. We recommend using Hempz Body Lotion.
- If there is any color transfer on clothing, sheets, or towels this is not unusual and will wash out.
- Avoid any water activities like pool, beach or hot tubs to prolong your tan.
*Your tan should last 7-10 days with your face, hands & feet fading the fastest